FPW Architects is seeking intern architect/designers. We provide intern architects/designers with the opportunity to build on what they’ve learned while making meaningful contributions in a real work environment. In this position, the team member is responsible for assisting in the preparation of architectural plans, sections, elevations, details, and presentation materials, as well as, other drafting tasks under the direction and supervision of a Project Architect or Project Manager. In performing these tasks the team member will be expected to gain technical knowledge in the design and construction of projects, to handle more complexity over time; and to develop the ability to organize, problem solve, and communicate to colleagues and community.
The team member must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, quickly learn new and unfamiliar concepts and tasks, collaborate with other individuals in a constructive and effective manner, meet deadlines and manage priorities.
Supports any number of projects at various stages of work, including, but not limited to:
• Preparing scaled drawings and contract documents for building contractors using AutoCAD or Revit
• Researching and identifying products (finishes, fixtures, etc.)
• Researching codes and other standards as necessary for compliance
• Assisting in the preparation of studies and reports
• Planning diagrams/layouts during schematic design, demonstrating ability to arrange a unified design
• Join team members on occasion for onsite observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with plans
• Assist in proper documentation of project files